- Lavish art and animation - Beautiful hand-drawn animation inspired by classic animated films and the golden age of 2D platformers, combines seamlessly with detailed 3D environments to create a stunning 2.5D platforming experience
- Freedom and exploration - Chart your progress through a massive non-linear world as you attempt to track down the pirate witch who cursed you. Shipwrecked on the Irish Coast in the 18th Century, you'll need more than just your swashbuckling skills to forge your path to freedom
- Four playable characters - Discover four playable characters – David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa, and Akane Yamakawa, each bringing a unique playstyle to help overcome both enemies and the environment! Play alone or with up to three friends in local co-op
- Enhance and upgrade - Improve your character’s unique abilities as your adventure progresses - unlocking new special skills, boosting your offence and defence, or learning powerful magics!
- A huge adventure - A vast network of pathways and discoveries lie ahead, in a quest with over 12 hours of content. Can you master each character, find all the hidden secrets, and unlock every ending
Curse of the Sea Rats is a ‘ratoidvania’ platform adventure with lovingly crafted, hand-drawn animations. Embark on the epic journey of four prisoners of the British empire, transformed into rats by the notorious pirate witch, Flora Burn. To regain their human bodies, they will have to fight dangerous bosses, uncover the secrets of the vast Irish coast, and ultimately capture the witch who cursed them