Metal Gear Survive picks up from the ending of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Players are pulled through a wormhole and find themselves in a dangerous world filled with biological threats and hostile environments where they must survive and find their way home. Not only will they fight off deadly creatures, but also explore and forage the environment for food, water, and other resources to stay alive. Scavenged materials can be used to build weapons, buildings, and other useful items, as well as develop a base camp, where crop growing and animal rearing facilities can be added. New weaponry will also be introduced to combat charging creatures and lethal environments, as well as familiar weaponry such as Walker Gears and Fulton balloons.
Metal Gear Survive continues the pedigree of Metal Gear Solid V‘s highly praised gameplay, with a unique blend of stealth and survival mechanics. Players will be able to experience both a single player campaign and co-op of up to four players. In the single-player campaign, players will learn resource management, character progression through base camp development, and craft useful weapons and equipment that can be utilized in the co-op gameplay. In co-op, players will fight with their comrades online to collect rewarding loot which can aid in the single-player campaign.
- Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
- Build and develop your Base Camp - This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play
- Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials - These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
- Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items
- Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables